Why do I need wedding and private event insurance?
- Protect yourself from extreme weather cancellations.
- No-show or bankrupt vendors shouldn't ruin your day.
- Have non-refundable deposits? You'll be covered.
- Unique venues (parks, museums, estates) often don't provide liability coverage.
Examples of covered events
- Anniversary parties
- Bar and bat mitzvahs
- Engagement parties
- Fundraising dinners
- Corporate private parties
- Business dinners
Types of coverage
Liability and property damage insurance
This insurance coverages property damage, bodily injury or alcohol-related accidents, and is requited by many venues.
Event cancellation /postponement insurance
This insurance covers nonrefundable expenses or lost deposits if you have to cancel or postpone your event. For weddings, it also covers replacement of lost or damaged photographs, jewelry or gifts.