What does umbrella insurance cover?
Personal umbrella insurance helps you stay protected and covered in unexpected situations like:
- A guest is seriously injured at your home
- Your teen driver causes a severe crash
- Someone is bitten by your dog
- Major claims or lawsuits
- Damage you cause in a car accident while driving in another country
- Defending you if you’re accused of libel, slander and defamation of character
How does umbrella insurance work?
Let’s say you were found at fault in a distracted driver car accident with $750,000 in injuries, but your auto policy only covers $500,000 in liability. Your personal umbrella insurance would then cover the remaining $250,000 – keeping you and your savings safe from paying the costly gap after your auto policy. Our umbrella insurance coverage will give you peace of mind and security during the times you need it most.1
Benefits of umbrella insurance coverage
Watch this video to learn more about the benefits of umbrella insurance coverage.